The Reaper's Due Expansion for Crusader Kings II Announced
Paradox has recently announced that a new expansion is coming out for their medieval strategy simulator Crusader Kings II. This expansion is called "The Reaper's Due."
"The Reaper's Due" will make players face off against disease and epidemics that had ravaged the world in the Middle Ages. Players will need to deal with the likes of the bubonic plague and the devastating effects disease will have on their nations. The expansion will introduce the following features:
- Disease that will spread across nations through trade and sea lanes, lowering manpower and sapping wealth
- Hospitals and royal physicians that can attempt to deal with any epidemics
- Well-managed provinces will provide huge dividends in gold and levies
- The ability to seclude oneself to avoid the plague, even as it kills the nation's population
- New event chains dealing with plagues and epidemics