The Escapists: The Walking Dead Launching in February
Team17 has recently announced that the upcoming game The Escapists: The Walking Dead will have a release date of February 16, 2016 on the PlayStation 4. The game has already been released on the Xbox One and PC.
The Escapists: The Walking Dead combines the indie game The Escapists with The Walking Dead comic series. Players take on the role of The Walking Dead protagonist Rick Grimes, who must lead and protect a group of survivors. The group, consisting of cast members from the original comic book series, will have to endure many dangers from an incredibly hostile environment. The storyline will follow the narrative timeline of the comics.
The Escapists: The Walking Dead will have the following features:
- Five levels based on locations in the comics: Harrison Memorial Hospital, Greene Family Farm, Meriwether Correctional Facility, Woodbury, and Alexandria.
- Comic book panels and dialogue from the series recreated in 8-bit style.
- Weapons with craftable upgrades, as well as iconic weapons such as Michonne's katana.
- Characters from the comic book series, such as Rick Grimes, Carl, Lori, Glenn, Hershel, Maggie, Dale, Tyreese, Michonne, Abraham, and Gabriel.
- A crafting system where players can use over 250 materials to craft over 70 objects for survival.
- 24 bonus collectibles to find.
- Trophies to earn and leaderboards for competing with others.