ROOT Released on Steam Today
Digital Tribe Games and Deep Fried Enterprises have released ROOT on Steam today. It is available to play on Windows PC, Mac, and Linux.
ROOT takes players and immerses them into the story of Edward Summerton, an expert hacker who seeks to break into the networks of a mysterious and powerful corporation. However, such a task is not an easy one. The most dangerous enemy Summerton will face is not the hordes of hostile programs, but the one who designed them: the Systems Administrator. The Systems Administrator will do all he can to prevent Summerton from reaching total ROOT access to the System, and he has near limitless resources at his disposal.
ROOT features the following:
- A crosshair that is literally a dot, and all shots land where the dot is.
- Stealth sections that do not feature "crouch for invisibility." Players must tread lightly and check corners for dangers.
- Numerous boss fights at the end of levels.
- An interactive environment where objects can be moved, shot, scattered, or even picked up and thrown.
- Adjustable abstract visuals, complete with adjustable colors.
- A companion, SHELL, that rambles about various things that may or may not have to do with the story arc. Players that do not care for what he says have the option to turn off his dialogue.
ROOT is currently priced at $9.99 on Steam.