Final Fantasy Explorers Information Released
Some information about the upcoming Square Enix Nintendo 3DS game Final Fantasy Explorers has recently been released.
Final Fantasy Explorers takes place in a world that is on the brink of war. Many factions are fighting over crystals, the planet's chief source of power. Players take on the role of Explorers whose job is to explore an island rich in crystals to harvest them, as well as finding the Grand Crystal. They will need to brave hordes of monsters in order to get the crystals, but they will have several powers at their disposal. They can call upon eidolons like Ifrit and Bahamut, and they can transform into classic Final Fantasy characters by using the Trance feature.
Final Fantasy Explorers will have the following features:
- Players can band up into 4-person teams using the Nintendo 3DS local wireless or online connection.
- Characters have customizable jobs, weapons, armors, and abilities.
- There are over 20 jobs to explore and master, such as Dragoon, Bard, Black Mage, Samurai, Time Mage, and Dark Knight.
- Trance Mode allows players to summon eidolons and previous Final Fantasy characters like Cloud, Squall, and Lightning.
- Players can recruit, level-up, and fight alongside classic series' monsters.
- Yoshitaka Amano, Gen Kobayashi, and Toshiyuki Itahana provides designs, while Tsuyoshi Sekito provides the soundtrack.
Final Fantasy Explorers will be released on January 26, 2016.